Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just got back from Skyros...

Hi everyone. My boyfriend and I just got back from Skyros. Sorry, no pictures from him - he's a dyed-in-the-wool filmwaster and he's vowed that he'll be using film until the last roll of his favorite black & white stuff expires.

Well, we went to Skyros for five days. OK, my hiatus from the blog was much longer than that, but I was really, really busy with work, vacation preparations and everything. There are some things I noticed about Skyros. You take the ship from Kymi (on Evia island - it's about 2 hours' worth of driving from Athens) and in two hours, you're there. The island hasn't been wrecked YET by "development" and tourism, although this summer we had some serious forest fires there. As far as I was able to tell, tourist business owners on Skyros pay great attention to detail and you're not treated to the trashy and tacky feel and look that you get in Chania and, much worse, Platanias. The food was generally good - and I'm notoriously hard to please. The beaches were clean and pleasant to swim in. There are some isolated ones, too. Oh, don't forget to enjoy the view from the castle!

Now, let's talk about the beaches... All of them are nice. There are nudist opportunities, too. I'll elaborate on these later. Now, time for me to continue unpacking! See you all later!

No comments: